Would you like to occasionally help out at Willand Rovers?
If you do, then our Volunteers Evening in the clubhouse at 7pm on Tuesday 28 June might be just the opportunity you need to find out more.
We would invite anyone who is interested in helping in any way to come along to find out what we do behind the scenes and to perhaps offer their services in some way or form.
Everyone running our club is a volunteer and gives of their time freely. We are however searching for new helpers to assist us with the ever increasing workload. This can be for just a few hours a week, for instance to help empty the pitch-side dustbins & sweep the paths, or for several hours a week, where you may get involved with organising events or work-parties: any time you could spare would be much appreciated.
We would be particularly interested to hear from you if you would like to help throughout the season with:
- maintaining the pitch – our ground staff will be on hand on the evening to give an insight as to what they do & how you could help
- cutting the grass & trimming the hedges around the perimeter of the pitch
- cleaning the clubhouse – this role would be on an ad hoc basis, but mainly after matches and events at the club
- assisting on a rota basis in the kitchen on match days – again some of our kitchen team will be attending on the 28 June to talk through what happens
- helping with the management of our website & social media streams
- writing match reports on each game for the website
- help organise & run social events (bands, discos, Santa Run, etc)
- assist with the kit – prepare kit in advance of match days & sort the kit after matches
- help with the general maintenance around the club – painting & decorating, minor repairs/works to plumbing & electrics
- or wherever you think you may be able to assist.
The important thing to remember is that you don’t have to be skilled in a particular job, all that is required is just the enthusiasm & desire to help out on a regular basis.
If you would like to join us on the 28 June to find out a little bit more then please email Mike on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via our Facebook or Twitter feeds.